Monday, November 26, 2007

The Australian Election

The Australian election voted in Kevin Rudd of the Labor Party in to power today. Now I don’t claim to be an expert on Australian politics but some of his promises seamed to be going to take Australia down a dark and slipper slope. Like how he would pull all Australian troops out of Iraq (now on this post I will not argue for the war or against it) what I do hate are politicians who have no real Military knowledge making huge claims about how they will pull every troop out the day they are elected. Granted the Australians only have 550 troops but still you can’t just step in and pull ever man and women out on your first day in office. The other promise that bugged me is how he would apologize to the natives. Now I believe the reason he wants to apologize is because of the last government stepping in to the native reserves getting rid of the Alcohol and help the native help themselves. So his claim leads me to believe that he will allow alcohol back in to the reserves and generally loose all ground gained towards really helping the natives. But I guess only time will tell if Kevin Rudd will be a good leader or not.

Governator

No comments: